August is prime Farmers’ Market season, with some of the best selections of produce! Visit the market to find melons, peppers, tomatoes, sweet corn, and so much more.
Did you watch the cooking demo last week? If you missed it, don’t worry! You can catch the demo on this month’s episode of LiveWell, coming soon to BPTV. We love recipes using market ingredients so much we decided to share our favorites on our website. If you have a favorite recipe to share, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
This week the market features our Half B vendors, as well as visiting vendors Cedar Bridge Botanicals, Elizabeth Jean Boutique, and Four Soils Farm. Our musical guest is Danny Vavrek. For the LAST time this season, we will also have Chimney Cakery!
With only a few weeks left of summer, some of our vendors are taking full advantage of the beautiful weather and taking a much needed vacation – we will miss Tambellini, Scorch Garden, Mitz Meow Market, and Springhouse this week, but they will return for their next scheduled market!
We have also had lots of questions regarding which vendors are part of our FAM program – at the market, these are vendors who are eligible to accept SNAP/EBT benefits and/or the FMNP senior vouchers. The following vendors are approved as part of this program:
- Cherish Creamery – goat cheese and drinkable goat’s milk yogurt
- Cookey – cookies
- Evelyn’s Farm – far fresh eggs
- Forever Green Family Farm – freeze dried soup mixes, cold pressed juices
- Future Farms – microgreens
- Goose Run Farm – chicken
- Hello Hummus – hummus and fresh salads
- hGrace Confections – caramels and maltlets
- Jodikinos Farm – seasonal produce
- Jose Quiroz Farm – seasonal produce
- Lemmon Bros Farms – maple syrup
- Lettuce Ladies – lettuce, microgreens
- Loafers Bread Co – breads, cinnamon rolls, baked goods
- Logan Family Farms – beef and pork products
- Michael T’s Bakery and More – cookies
- the Olive Tap – olive oils and vinegars
- the Pie Place – pies, cookies, assorted baked goods
- Rockin Cat Organic Coffee and Tea – coffee, loose leaf tea
- Simmons Farm – seasonal produce
- Springhouse Market – baked goods
- Steel City Spore – mushrooms
- Swope’s Berries and Bees – honey
- Two Acre Farm – pickles, mustards, dressings, assorted condiments
As always, market vendors are not permitted to sell until 3pm – we love the excitement of the early birds but remind you that we do this to allow all vendors ample time for setup.
We can’t wait to see you there!